Friday, February 4, 2011

Patience!

P R O V E R B S 1 5 : 1 8 "A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man man calms a quarrel." It's been a while again. College is stressful, but I'm slowly getting back into the routine. I'm learning a lot about patience! When you're with the same people all the time, you learn to love their quirks, and they learn to love theirs. It takes a while, but you get it eventually. Your computer crashes when you're trying to take an online quiz. You're running late to class and there's a million people in the hall. Your roommate comes back drunk and you have to play momma bear. You see the guy you like with someone you can't stand, or even worse, your best friend. In short, stuff happens! Life isn't all the amazing things that God promises us. Truth is, its the bad things that help us appreciate the amazing things that God provides. So, how do you deal with what's happening until all that good stuff comes around? Patience! It is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties. Patience is the level of endurance one's character can take before negativity <-- that's according to wikipedia! When the bad stuff happens, pray, be patient, and show the whole world around you what a difference it means to have God's love residing within you. Let me make this personal, I recently picked up guitar. I'll be honest, I stink! People constantly ask me to play something. I'm embarrassed and frustrated when I don't do well. This is where patience comes in. I'm not God, I can't create the universe in 7 days. Heck, I can't even play guitar decently in 7 weeks. But hey, I'll get there eventually, and so will you :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah patience is tough ain't it? I'm right there with you bud... keep at it though... and one day you'll be a great guitarist and an amazingly beautiful and effective woman of Christ! Peace out.

    In Christ Jesus,
    Jeremiah

    ReplyDelete